We finally received our first semester grades last week. It's about time. My overall average was 15,6/20. For anyone who doesn't know the French system, that's pretty freaking amazing.
When I saw the secretaries finally hanging up sheets (yes, so old school here), I quickly raced over. I looked at my overall average first (because that's what tells you if you've validated your semester or not). I then looked over the grades I had in each class. I was satisfied overall. I didn't really look at anyone else's grades, because it doesn't really concern me after all.
However, the fact that I didn't look at all the others' grades meant that I missed one important fact which was brought to my attention by my classmates. I had the highest average overall in the class. Me. A foreigner. It makes sense that I have high grades in classes that have to do with the English language, but I also had some high grades in subjects taught purely in French. Including completely rocking the (French) business law exam that was an oral.
I was pretty damn proud of myself.
Now, we're halfway through the second semester, and I'm in full internship search mode. It's quite stressful. I had one interview on Monday, and I have another with the same company tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed.
Saturday, J took me out to lunch for a belated Valentine's Day meal. We went to a really nice restaurant that I had never been to. It was delicious. It's been awhile since I've had such a good meal out.
And in less than 3 hours, it's the winter break. I cannot wait. My plan is to spend the week in Lille, searching for an internship, studying a bit, and just relaxing with J. His parents are also coming up this weekend. Should be fun.
Then, at the end of my break, J and I are going to Paris (my Christmas gift to him) to celebrate our one year anniversary. Yes, one year. It seems like just yesterday I was heading to a friend's to watch some films. I never expected that a year later, we'd be happily together. Life is funny that way.
Thanks!
ReplyDelete