Wednesday, July 18, 2007

new post in a new blog!

Yes, I needed to start a new blog! My Aix blog just didn't seem appropriate for going to a city on the other side of the country. Chauny is a little commune in the Picardie region (an hour and a half by train north-east of Paris) with a population of about 12,500.



I'll write more about the city itself in a few days... including their monkey obsession!

For those of you who don't know, I will be a language assistant teaching English in a high school in Chauny for 7 months this coming school year. I am participating in a program through the French government. I'm both excited and nervous to be a Chaunoise, but more about that some other time.

Today, I bought my plane ticket (and spent half my money). I'm leaving Cleveland September 24 and arriving in Paris September 25. I will tentatively be returning May 15.

More soon, mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment