It annoys me to no end when people create blogs, tell people to read, and then never update them. What do I do? Go forever without updating this blog. Granted, I don't really have too much to say yet as I haven't left the country, but I figured that I would at least write a short entry.
Basically, I'm pretty much set to go to France. I got my visa last weekend at the French Consulate of Chicago. It was a very simple process once you got there. I also met up with two girls (and later a third one) from my academy. It'll be nice to see some familiar faces when I arrive in France. The first two I met up with, a girl from the UK, and I will all be sharing hotel rooms the weekend of our orientation in Amiens. Even though our orientation isn't until Monday, so we'd only really have to stay Sunday, we're also staying Saturday night to explore the city. There's also a huge flea market that weekend, which from what I hear, is quite the event. Shall be fun.
I still haven't heard from my school in terms of housing, what level of English/subject matter I'll be teaching, or anything for that matter. Rentrée (return to school) is next week, so I think that I'm going to send another email if I don't hear anything on Monday. If I don't have housing, I'm going to have to make hotel reservations at one of the not so cheap hotels in Chauny. I'll also have to call the bank to see if they can up my withdrawal limit for when I first arrive in case I have to make a huge deposit for an apartment.
Okay, that's about it for now, I think. I promise to update soon with some actual details about my town (and hopefully about my school as well).
No comments:
Post a Comment