Monday, September 3, 2007

and there's a response

Since I am probably the most impatient person ever, and I hadn't heard from my school yet, I emailed them again today. I came home today from work with a reply from my contact person! Like, an actual person with an actual email address and not some crazy looking one like the one I was emailing! He seems nice. He told me to confirm my date of arrival to him and to ask him any questions that I have. But that's not the best news of the day....

I HAVE HOUSING!!!

I don't really know much other than that it's at the high school (there are some dorms for students there... not uncommon in small town France), it's 75 euros a month, and the price includes gas, electric, and water. Even if it's a little closet with no real space, I'm not complaining. I am so happy and relieved. Now, I have to figure out some questions to ask him. I want to send off an email tonight and thank him for replying so quickly (he just got back to the school today) and also send along some questions. I'm horrible at coming up with questions. I know I'll ask about Internet access in the school and if he has any idea of what topics I'll be teaching, but other than that, no clue. What kinds of things should I be asking?

Anyway, that's my good news for the day. 3 weeks from today, I will be on a plane to Paris right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment