My contact person hasn't responded to any of my recent emails, so basically, I have no idea what's going to happen once I step off the train in Chauny. If I can take the afternoon train, I figure that there will still be someone at the school to help me. However, if my flight is late or it takes forever to get to the train station or whatever else happens, and I take the later train (next direct train is of course 5 hours later), I'm afraid that people will have gone home for the day. Needless to say, I am more than a little freaked out at the moment. I don't deal well with not having things planned out. I figure I'll send another email tonight expressing my concerns and to pretty much plead for at least some kind of response. But I'm also thinking that my contact might only use the Internet at school, so I might not hear anything (if anything) until Monday. Oh boy, freaking out. And I can't even figure out how to say the name of the street my school is on! Okay, that's probably a dumb thing to be worried about, but seriously Andre-Ternynck? That's just too many consonants.
I still haven't packed, but some clothes are in the laundry now, so I'm at least preparing to pack. That's what counts, right?
I've also started thinking about what will happen after my arrival. Yes, there's all the fun stuff to deal with getting a cell phone, opening a bank account, the carte de sejour, the ANAEM appointment, and social security stuff, but I'm also thinking about the practical stuff... like laundry. And better yet, cooking. Granted, I have no idea what kind of cooking facilities I will have, but my idea of a homecooked meal is cereal. Seriously, I cannot cook. I don't know how to do more than a handful of things... and that includes cereal. And the last thing I can afford to do is eat out all the time. What am I going to do?
Oh, this is going to be a fun weekend. I envision lots of freaking out and worrying, and there is pretty much no one left around here to keep me occupied and to save me from myself.
Je suis très inquiétée parce que je n'ai entendu rien de mon contact en France. Je sais pas ce que je ferai quand j'arriverai à la gare à Chauny. Je vais envoyer un autre email ce soir, mais je ne m'attends pas de réponse jusqu'à lundi - le jour que je pars.
And that is all I can write in French for now. My mind is just all over the place, and I cannot concentrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment