Well, I'm in France. My flights went well, and my luggage arrived safely. Getting to my town was another story. It wasn't hard... at least it would not have been hard if I didn't have all of my bags. My arms still feel like they're going to fall off from lugging them around (seriously, I'm so stiff I can barely move). I like could not get them on and off the train. It was so hard! Once I got to Chauny, I spoke butchered French to the secretary of my school, and finally my contact person arrived and insisted on carrying my bags.
I'm not going to lie, I'm not happy here. I'm okay when I'm with people - the teachers I work with (when I can find them) are all really nice as well as the American that lives next to me. But when I'm alone, in my room, which is like most of the time, I hate it here. And I might just freeze to death in there! It's so cold! There's no heat there yet! Mission today, find a warm blanket. And the water takes like 15 minutes to even become warm. So my shower takes like 30 minutes since I have to wait for warm water, and I feel bad because I feel like I'm wasting water. It's also cold and raining, so it's not fun to go out and explore, and town is only like 2 blocks anyway.
So yeah, I pretty much spend most of my time curled up my bed sleeping. It sucks. Wow, don't I sound depressing.
I'd write more but this French keyboard is driving me nuts, and it's almost time for lunch anyway... hopefully it's something that resembles food today.
No comments:
Post a Comment