I leave for France tomorrow! Yikes!
So an update. I received an email from my contact person, and I now have two phone numbers that I can call when I arrive in Chauny, and I will be picked up from the train station. So my freak out, like most of my freak outs, was for no reason at all. I know everything will be fine one way or another, but I just easily get stressed out.
Everything is pretty much packed and ready to go. I have some things left to go in my carry-on, but for the most part, I am ready. I've said my goodbyes to everyone but my mom and dogs, so I am pretty much set to go.
I had a minor freak out tonight about getting my baggage from one place to another, but my mom calmed me down in about five minutes time. And then, as my luck would have it, I was cleaning up my boots when the power goes out. I was just like "Figures" and kept on cleaning my boots in the dark. I used a flashlight to gather up more things. I was on the phone talking when my battery died, because I've been glued to my phone all day, and I still had people to talk to. I have the best luck, don't I?
But now, the power is back on, so I can finish doing what I wanted to do and then curl up with my dog.
Until I can post in France,
Au revoir!
No comments:
Post a Comment