Friday night, Katie made us pancakes for dinner. Yes, breakfast food for dinner. It was very yummy! I miss breakfast food.
Yesterday, I went to Paris with Mira who is an assistant in Soissons. We had a very yummy lunch of four cheese pizza in the St. Michel area. We then explored Ile de la Cite, which is the island in the middle of Paris. The Seine sort of splits for a little bit, and in the middle would be the island. It's pretty much mainly known for Notre Dame, which yes, we also visited. It's such a cute area, and other than by the major tourist attractions, it was pretty quiet. We were able to walk along the Seine and on other small streets in peace, enjoying the beautiful city.
Next, we headed over to Les Halles where I bought ice cream, because I was really craving some! Les Halles was so crowded with people. We tried to do some shopping at H&M, but I couldn't even move! I'm trying to find a new purse, because the strap is starting to rip off of my current one. I wish that I had noticed this while I was in Aix, because stores were a little calmer there. I saw a few cute purses at H&M before we got sick of the crowd, but none of them had zippers! And when you're in a city like Paris, you want your purse to have a zipper!
Then, we went to the Louvre. Well, not actually into the museum part. We bought membership cards... 15 euros for a year if you're under 26! All we have to do is go twice, and the card pays for itself. We're thinking of going back in two weeks... we were talking about heading to Paris anyway then to find a place to watch the Ohio State/Michigan game. I don't care much about football, but it could be fun. After buying our cards, we got drinks (overpriced ones) at a nearby cafe. We got to drink our drinks, talk, people watch, and stare at the Louvre all at the same time. Not too shabby! We then explored the park in nearby Palais Royal. There was some really funky sculptures and such there.
We went back to the Gare de Nord area for dinner. We had a nice small meal at a place across from the station where the workers were like obsessed with the fact that we were American. They were so nice to us! There were other foreignors there, but we were the ones they kept talking to. The one guy told us to come back the next time we're in Paris! We'll see.
Once I got back to Chauny, I went over to the other assistants'. There was a very late meal that Viany made, so I snacked on that as well. We then decided to go out... it was kind of late... like 12:30 late. Finding a place open that late in Chauny is not easy. But we did head to the karaoke bar which ended up being open until 1:00. We ended up staying there until almost 1:30 though, because all the people there were really interested in us. They were like "Americans? In Chauny?!". The bartenders were really nice as well, so we're definitely going back there. They even invited us to their Beaujolais Nouveau party (release of the new Beaujolais wine) next Thursday, which we are definitely going to. Should be fun!
Today, I think we're going to a movie or two.
Pictures
Toussaint Vacation in Aix and Marseille. (Don't worry... I didn't take very many pictures of Aix. I know you all saw enough of those last year.)
Yesterday (November 10) in Paris.
No comments:
Post a Comment