I live under a rock when it comes to non-major current events. I don't know what's going on in Hollywood - who's dating who, who's divorcing who, what John and Kate are now up to, etc. I know even less about sports. Imagine my surprise while watching France 3 - Picardie (my daily French podcast... hey, I need to keep up with my French "home"), and I learn there's going to be a World Cup of American football. Say what?! Since when? Moreover, it's taking place in Canton, Ohio! That's like an hour from me! How do I not know these things? If it weren't for the France team training in Amiens before their departure for Ohio tomorrow, I would still be completely in the dark.
Okay, so after a quick Google, apparently, we call it the Junior World Championship, but still... never heard of it.
Guess this is my lesson to keep watching the French news. I always learn a lot from it.
I'll update tomorrow about what I've been up to these past few weeks. Just wanted to post this quickly right now.
There's a team around here Ben wants to play for. I'm a little worried his tiny French body will snap like a twig, but he loves the stupid game.
ReplyDelete