Friday, August 27, 2010

all moved in in valenciennes

Well, I am in my new studio in Valenciennes. I'm pretty much all settled in. Just in time for my first guests. I have Alyssa coming this weekend, and then my very good friend Anna is coming Monday-Tuesday. I am very excited. I also have to give a huge shout out to Julia and then Laura and Guillaume for all their help and putting up with me for my first few weeks in the area. And also another thanks to Guillaume for helping me get all my stuff to the train station. For people who barely knew me before, they were so amazing! I don't know what I would have done without them.

I put up photos on my Facebook of my place. I think most of the people who really follow this blog are my friends over there, but if not and you want to see pics, let me know!

My first few days in Valenciennes have been rather hectic. Buying things, getting things setup, dealing with admin stuff. I haven't really had time to relax at all. I also went back to Lille to go to the Prefecture only to be told that I need to now go to the mairie in Valenciennes. Ugh. Of course. So instead, I did some shopping for work clothes and saw a film for 4 euros since there's some special going on. Nice. Since the beginning of 2010, I had seen two films at the cinema. In the past week, I have seen another two films! Inception and Tamara Drewe. Enjoyed them both.

Today, I met up with another lectrice who will be working in Valenciennes. We had lunch, and I showed her around town a bit (she lives in Lille with her boyfriend). Well, what I knew of town anyway. Still learning myself. She's good friends with another lectrice who is arriving in a few days and who is planning on living in Valenciennes. Yay new friends in both towns!

1 comment:

  1. Saw the pics on facebook of your studio. Looks huge online! I was expecting a one room closet sort of thing, but it looks great! Very livable.

    ReplyDelete