Sunday, November 28, 2010

thanksgiving and lille for christmas fun!

Thanksgiving went off without a hitch. I was a little crazy, running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get everything ready at the same time. The meal included roasted turkey, corn, mashed potatoes, gravy, and stuffing (all homemade by me). J. brought us cookies for dessert. It was a good time with delicious food (if I do say so myself), interesting conversation (I think J. managed to follow our English for the most part), and many laughs. J. brought his crazy Jungle Speed game, and there were a few moments where we all about died of laughter.

Thanksgiving dinner
Thanksgiving 2010

Yesterday, Hannah, Tish, and I headed to Lille to check out the Christmas market and see Harry Potter in English. I enjoyed the Christmas market. Though small and beyond crowded (mostly by British tourists), I enjoyed it. More so than the others who sort of rushed through it. I had a lovely lunch of potatoes, lardons, and onion coated in raclette cheese followed up by some mulled wine. Can't beat that!

We met up with Ben, a fellow lecturer, to see Harry Potter, and we all really enjoyed the film. I cannot wait for the continuation in July! It's going to be a long wait. After the film, we wandered around with Ben some before meeting up with another lectrice, Danielle, and her boyfriend for a drink on the Grande Place. Besides Hannah, I don't often see the other lecturers except for in passing at English Night, so it was really nice to sit down and have an actual conversation with Ben and Danielle.

Christmas time in Lille
Christmas - Lille

No comments:

Post a Comment