Well, I am officially and completely in the new place (I handed in my keys to my studio yesterday). Our friend J. came to my old place on Saturday, and the two of loaded up his car and took all my things to the new place! It was very exciting finally being in the flat with all of my things. J. was even nice enough to drive me to a shop a bit outside of town, so I could buy these chair things for my room. Makes it much more comfortable, and I don't have to sit at the kitchen table or on my bed when I'm on my computer. I've posted a few pictures on Facebook of my room, but since I have reorganized my room since then, I'll take new pictures before I post them on here.
Classes have been going well. More presentations for my 3rd years. And with my 1st years, I prepared a lesson using an episode of How I Met Your Mother. Word quickly spread, and by the end of the day, they were literally fighting to come to my class (since that's the year of students where I only work with small groups). Between giving out Reese's Cups and using HIMYM, I was pretty popular this week. Guess I'll be using this lesson for many weeks to come until I cannot stand this episode. But they adore the series (they're the reason I finally started to watch it), and many of them even watch it in English already! I was also able to use it to teach them some new "hip" vocabulary, so I think for those who already watch the show will start to get even more out of it in terms of English comprehension.
The soldes (sales) have just started. Usually I take a trip to Paris the first weekend of the sales, but now that I'm further away and have just spent a lot of money setting up my new place, I'll be sitting this one out. Sad.
Glad to hear you're all moved in! The pics on facebook look great.
ReplyDelete