Sunday, February 27, 2011

belgian adventure highlights!

So the Belgium adventure was a blast! We had a good time touring Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, and Bruges. We walked far too much, drank far too many beers, and ate too many waffles. All in a good trip. And telling people that we walked across the border will never get old. I love seeing people's faces after we tell them that.

Some highlights:
- Taking pictures at the border.
- Seeing a former student of mine on the train (in the same car!) to Brussels and then running into him again on the streets of Brussels. He actually got on at the same stop as us. How random considering he lives no where near here!
- Meeting up with my friend An in Antwerp who I met back in April at K&K episode 333. She took us to a really cool cave bar.
- Setting a goal of drinking 20 different Belgian beers and actually meeting it! Belgian beer is just so good, and I definitely found some really good ones.
- Finding a really cool necklace at a flea market in Brussels.
- Walking along the canals in Ghent. I loved the looks and atmosphere of this city so much!
- Eating a chocolate covered waffle along a canal in Ghent.
- Being cultured by actually going to a few museums.
- Spending a week with a good friend and having a wonderful time.

Since being back, I've pretty much just been chilling for the rest of the holidays. Hannah's birthday was on Thursday, so a few of us went out for a drink. I also met up with Brazilian for a drink, and it was really nice to catch up with him. On a side note, I now know what makes instant pudding instant.

Yesterday, Hannah and I celebrated our birthdays together. We had some people over, and I made fajitas. A good time was had.

Tomorrow, it's back to work. There are many reasons why I do not want to go back tomorrow. It's Monday. It's 8am. It's the first day back after the holidays. I feel unprepared for the lesson. And above all, it's my actual birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment