Friday, February 18, 2011

last week before the holidays!

How to stick your foot in it 101. Rambling on in front of your 2nd year French engineering students, "Yeah, one of your classmates came to English Night. He was the only one there, so he was stuck with us. Poor guy. But I don't think we scared him off, he said he's coming back... blah blah blah." 10 minutes later, you pick up sign in sheet and see said student's name on it (he was supposed to be Jane's student) and then look directly up at him. Oops.

And so goes my Monday. Other than that little faux-pas, I had good classes. They were doing group work, but some students just kept asking me loads of questions every time I walked by. No matter though as they questioned me in English.

Wednesday, I headed to Amiens for the afternoon where I met up with two English assistants. We had some coffees and did some shopping. I bought a pair of black lace up boots that were killer discounted for the very end of the huge sales. I had plans to meet up with one of my former students, but unfortunately, one of his classes got rescheduled for then. He was so apologetic even though it wasn't his fault. He also says he has something for me, and that the next time he invites me for a drink. So nice! And I'm curious.

Yesterday, I supervised the TOEIC. I was told I could do the listening part along with them. I seriously zoned out around question 30 (out of 100), so when Rene asked me what I thought of the level of difficulty, I honestly could not answer. Around the end of the reading part, I was getting all nervous for my students. I was so worried that they wouldn't be able to finish. Getting the results will sure be a nail biter for us all.

Today was the last day of class before a week of holidays. I just did practice TOEIC with my Masters students which is just about as bad as sitting through the actual exam. Ugh. But now, I am free!

Tomorrow morning, I am meeting up with Denise and we are headed to Belgium for a few days. We're spending a night each in Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, and Bruges. Should be fun. I think the hardest part will be trying to live without using my iPhone (it's 5 euros a day for 6MB if I connect to the internet with it). I'm also leaving behind my hairdryer and straightener. I'm such a girl, and it's going to be hard being without those. But it is supposed to rain the entire time, so lugging that with me would be kind of pointless anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment