Thursday, April 28, 2011

goodbye les états-unis!

Well, I'm sitting here at the Cleveland Airport (delayed) waiting to fly back to France. It was a wonderful two weeks home, but I'm ready to get back. It's weird that France has become my "real life" and coming to the States is vacation.

I didn't do too much while at home. Saw family and friends. Spent time with my dogs (Mackenzie sure loves her walks... as does Zeus though his walk was just going two houses down). Ate tons of American food. Bought tons of American food to take back (who knows what security thought when they X-rayed my bag).

One big thing I did was go back to my university BW and talked to some current undergrad French students about studying, living, and working in France. Hopefully, I answered their questions thoroughly enough and convinced at least a few of them to go abroad. We'll see.

With any luck, I'll be boarding a plane shortly to Philadelphia. Then, this evening, I'll be taking a flight to Paris. Arriving there tomorrow morning, and then two trains until I get to Valenciennes. It's going to be a long day, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment