Friday, April 15, 2011

impromptu trip

Guess where I'm at! Home is the USA! I bought the ticket late Monday night and arrived home on Wednesday! Nothing's wrong. I just found a decently priced ticket and decided to come home for my break now instead of during the summer.

And in true Shannon fashion, it has been awhile since I updated. Well, to be fair, this past week has been a whirlwind of packing, marking of exams, and getting everything in order for my trip. I had about 6 hours of sleep total in 3 nights. It was crazy. Tuesday, the day before my trip, was just insane. I had work, marking (grades are due the day after break), packing, meeting up with Denise and our friend R. for French Coffee, and then grabbing a beer and taking a walk with Brazilian since he's been gone for like 2 weeks, and now, I'm gone for 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, my trip home meant that I couldn't go to Amsterdam with him. Fortunately, we're planning to go another time instead since this trip has turned into something that while fun, was not what he originally planned. He wanted to go just us so we could explore and do what we want. However, a friend of his and two co-workers have decided to go, so it wasn't what he really wanted to do.

Let's see... what else has been going on??

Last weekend, we went over to J.'s to celebrate his birthday. We had a good time. Some of the people from his class were there, and we all got along really well. It was a good time, a good time that didn't get me into bed until about 5am. Needless to say I was beyond exhausted for the lunch I had planned the next day with Denise and our friend Sara. I think I looked and felt half dead. I did manage to recuperate though, and J. came over that night to teach us how to play Texas Hold 'Em. Good times.

We were also blessed with some wonderful weather the past week or so, so I spent much of it outside, taking walks, sitting around the park, and having drinks on the terrace. There's nothing better than having a drink in the warm weather and watching people pass on by at a tiny neighborhood cafe. Love it!

Another highlight of my week was calling C. to wish him a happy birthday. While he speaks very little English, he insisted on speaking mostly in non sense English which just ended up cracking me up and leading to some interesting "franglais" (French/English mix). Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment