Monday, October 1, 2012

fun times in lille!

Uh oh. It seems I'm getting lazy about updating again! I must remedy this! It's just that during the week, I'm busy with classes and giving English lessons (and okay, catching up on American TV), and then at the weekend, I'm hanging out with J. Thus, my blog gets pushed aside.

 Last weekend, we went to a delicious restaurant called Les Charlottes en Ville for  for La Fête Nationale des Restaurants. It was unbelievably delicious, and we were stuffed. I started out with the Clafoutis (a sort of tarte thing which had chorizo). For the main course, we both had the Avesnoise (potatoes smothered in Maroilles). For dessert, I chose profiteroles which J had to finish for me, because I could no longer lift my fork I was so stuffed.

 Later in the evening, we went to a very awesome bar called Au fût et à mesure. You put money on a card, and then you can go around to the different tables and pour your own beer. Pretty awesome.

 This past weekend, I chilled quite a bit with Denise and then we all checked out the latest happenings at La Gare Saint Sauveur. It was a lot of fun, but J and I were just exhausted so we didn't last as long as the others.

 This coming weekend is the start of Fantastic 2012, so we'll be checking out those festivities all autumn as well as the parade opening weekend! Looking forward to it! It's been nice being able to check out so many things in Lille with J. It's been so much fun!

 In other big news, I'm going to be meeting J's parents during the Toussaint holidays at the end of the month. We'll be spending a week there! Saying I'm a bit nervous is an understatement. I'm sure it'll go well, but I can't help but be nervous. I want them to like me!

 Classes are going well. I still need to write more about them, but I just don't feel like it at the moment. I'll do it soon, I promise.

 In between my busy days of classes, I also helped two foreign girls find a place to live, open bank accounts, and get renter's insurance. Talk about being productive!

1 comment:

  1. Oh la la. I could have used you yesterday when I was opening my bank account. The woman was so mean!!

    Good luck meeting the parents! You'll do great. How could they not? You're so likeable! : )

    ReplyDelete