Wednesday, October 24, 2012

*crawls out of hole*


I know, I know. It's once again been ages since I've updated. During the week, my days resemble this: get up early, go to class, sit in classes all day, give an English lesson, do homework, plan English lessons, go to bed, and repeat. That doesn't exactly make for exciting blogging. I'm pretty sure I look like a walking zombie most days. Okay, actually, I'm pretty sure of that as there's usually at least one person a day to comment on how tired I look. How lovely. The problem is that even if I get to bed at a decent hour, I just can't fall asleep no matter how early I woke up. Thank god for coffee.

At least on the weekends, I've been able to relax and have a bit of fun. J and I have been checking out a lot of the exhibits and events going on for Fantastic 2012. Like this past weekend, we saw this exhibit at Tri-Postal and this one at Saint Sauveur. So far, we've liked everything we've seen and/or participated in.

This Saturday, my housemate and I are finally having a housewarming party/his birthday party. It promises to be a lot of fun.

Then, on Sunday, J and I are heading down to Bourguignon in Franche Comte to spend a week at his parents'. I should hopefully have some more interesting things to say after that week. And not interesting in a way where I'm making a complete fool out of myself. This is my first time meeting any of his family, so just saying I'm nervous doesn't quite cut it. I know the tradition is to bring flowers, but I don't think they'd look so good after the train ride, and we're arriving too late to pick something up there, so I'm going to make cookies to take instead. Good idea? Completely lame? They'll just look at me like I'm some crazy American? I'll also be making them Sloppy Joes while there (I offered to cook an American meal while there, and J. requested that), so I'm sure to get a "What in the world is this girl feeding us?" look.

Oh, and some of my teachers have a cruel sense of humor and are giving us exams the week after the break. Mean. I told J. he's going to learn finance with me. And German. Hey, we're even going to Germany for a day!

*crawls back into hole*

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! A whole week, that's intense! You'll be fine though I'm sure. What are sloppy joes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gwan! These are sloppy joes: http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Main-Dish/McCormick-Sloppy-Joes.aspx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for crawling out of the hole to give us a recap! It sounds like you have an exciting weekend coming up with your housewarming party and meeting the parents!

    Have fun and fill us in when you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will do! This is a much needed vacation, that's for sure!

      Delete