I know it's been ages since I've updated, and I really have no excuse other than laziness (well, and a little bit of being busy with school and English lessons). I'm not going to go into detail over what I've been up to these past few months, because I think that's one of the reasons I'm reluctant to blog. No, nothing bad is happening. Life has been very good in fact. It's just that talking about everything I haven't updated about seems overwhelming, so I'd rather just start fresh in a way. I guess my resolution for 2013 should be to keep up with my blog once more.
Anyway, I will say this one thing about the past few months since I did talk about this in my last post and some of you may be curious. Meeting J.'s family went very well. The parents and I used "tu" right from the start, so none of that awkward formal "vous" moments. And they are all very lovely people, and treated me right away like I was part of the family. We even spent Christmas there, and it was another great week except for being extremely sick a few days and another depressing event that I don't want to go into detail here - his family were so great in keeping me sane over that though.
So that's that.
I guess the big news to share (and the fresh start to 2013) is that J and I are moving in together! Well, more precisely, I'm moving in with him. Not right away, but in a few months. There's the whole act of moving, things to sell and to buy, my housemate replacing me, etc. Plus, it makes more sense for me to finish up my semester here (it ends the first week of April), that way I'm only doing the commute a few months next year. In case you don't remember, J lives in Lille, and I live in Valenciennes (about 40 minutes away by train).
We're really excited though. We're going to Ikea this weekend to look for a bigger armoire to fit both our clothes. This step just seems so natural, so I'm really happy. If you asked me a year ago if this is what I thought would be happening today, it never would have been this. Just goes to show how much can happen in a year!
Yay! It's great when it happens so naturally and just makes sense. I'm sure you'll be happier being able to see each other every day.
ReplyDeleteI was basically almost bursting into tears every time one of us had to leave. I'll be so relieved in a few months when we won't have to say goodbye at the end of each weekend/vacation.
DeleteCongratulations!!!! What a big as well as exciting step in an excellent direction!! Good for you! Does this mean you will change the blog name? A Li'l Bit Lille? :)
ReplyDeleteIkea dates are awesome! We're actually going on one tomorrow!
Congrats again. What a great start to what I feel will be a fantastic year!
Thanks! And yes, I suppose I will once again change my blog name (I changed it when I first moved to Valenciennes). Though I guess Val will still be a part of my life as I'll still be studying there...
DeleteGood luck at Ikea! There were so many people at the one near Lille! I can't even imagine the ones in Paris.
Great news, gladmeeting the parents went well!
ReplyDelete