Tuesday, I had to say goodbye to a lot of my students. That was sad. My 1re GM students even say me a French goodbye song. It was sweet. Though I think many of them were convinced I was getting on a plane the next day instead of staying two more weeks. I also sat in on two more BTS exams. The one was pretty much all me. Claude told the student right away to talk only to me and that I would ask him questions and help him along. Oy. Talk about pressure on both our parts.
Tuesday night, we all headed out to Cuba to get a drink and play pool. The first time we ever went to the bar, we all played pool, so we were just following up on that. We've all improved quite a bit... who am I kidding? I'm still horrible.
Wednesday, I had my last class. It was supposed to be the listening comprehension exam with the BTS students, but Claude didn't have the right recording, so we just listened to another recording so they could get more practice in. I also saw some students I hadn't seen in forever, because they thought the exam was today (yes, apparently they think English is optional). So that was nice. The recording had someone with a difficult accents - one that was even hard for me to understand. There were some parts I repeated, and they all understood me! Progress! Claude joked about that fact - the fact that they could understand an American accent over a British one. Before I knew it, there was a chorus of "On aime Shannon" (We love Shannon). It's not often a girl hers that from a large group of 20 something guys. Makes a girl feel good.
Wednesday afternoon, we all had lunch at the house of a Spanish teacher from the other high school. It was so much food!! Tartes for an appetizer, raclette for the main course, and ice cream for dessert complete with Viany's fancy decorations. I don't think we ever ate so much in one go!
Yesterday was a national holiday here in France meaning that everything was closed. That was okay, we had a million and one things to do. The other assistants are having their apartment inspected today before they leave, so we had to get that ready. Also, Guy's parents arrived in Chauny so we prepared a huge meal for them. It all went very well in the end! Guy's parents are super nice and really enjoyed the meal. It was an evening full of great conversations and laughs.
Finally, we all went out to Cuba for one last time (well, probably not... Guy might come back next week before Viany leaves). It was a good time. It's just not going to be the same anymore. It's so sad that everyone's leaving. I leave in less than two weeks. Sad. I am so not ready.
In about an hour, I'm leaving for Aix for the weekend. I can't wait! It should be a lot of fun. Vero is making couscous tomorrow night! Yummy!!! I'll be back late Tuesday night. Bisous!
No comments:
Post a Comment