Sunday, May 11, 2008

I haven't updated in forever! Time has just gotten away from me. Don't worry, I won't be going over every tiny detail of my last week or so.

Aix was great. I had an awesome time with Veronique. She made her famous couscous which I thoroughly enjoyed. I also saw the C.E.A. women (who I know from studying abroad) and met up with a current BW student who is studying there. All and all, a great time.

The weather here has been gorgeous, and the week just flew by once I got back from Aix.

The biggest news of the week is that Viany is now back in Colombia. She left yesterday. Thursday, Guy came back from Paris, and we all had a picnic in the park. Then, the Spanish teacher Viany worked with and her husband took us all to Coucy le Chateau. Coucy is a town that is built inside a castle. Unfortunately, a lot of the castle was destroyed by the Germans, but it's still a beautiful town. Afterwards, the five of us went to La Pacha which is a Maghrebian restaurant in Chauny. We all had couscous and other delicious foods, a wonderful bottle of Moroccan wine, and a free aperitif drink that they gave us. It was a great dinner! Afterwards, we went to Cuba where we met up with some friends and Viany said goodbye to everyone there.

Friday, I got my carte vitale (medical insurance card). Yes! Less than a week before I leave France! I also got roped into two BTS exams. I had also went to the listening comprehension one earlier in the week and it was hard even for me! Granted, we were all at a disadvantage. The recording was in English so it was hard for them. The questions and answers were in French so it was hard for me.

Later, I helped Viany take some of her bags into Paris before meeting up with Anna. We took a long walk along the Seine to the Eiffel Tower for some ice cream. it was wonderful! I'm going to miss this city. Afterwards, I met up with everyone from Chauny, and we had a picnic along the Seine. We hung out there until really late in the night before heading to a wine bar for a bottle of rose. After that, we were pretty exhausted and Viany's flight was pretty early. We said goodbye to Guy first. That was hard. Viany and I were both in tears - I probably will not be seeing him again before I go. I accompanied Viany and her friend Doris back to Doris' apartment, so I could help Viany with her luggage an hour or so later. That was a feat! Luckily, we did run into a few nice people to help us. I went as far as the Gare du Nord before leaving the girls. So not fun having to say goodbye on the RER. Viany is the mother of the group, and it was so hard to leave her. I miss her already.

Last night was my last Saturday night in Chauny, and the bar was the lamest it has ever been. How sad. Luckily, a friend of our showed up near closing, so that made it a little better. I also said goodbye to one of the surveillants, because I don't think I'll see him this week.

I only have a few more days left in France. I don't even know what to think. I still have a million and one things to do before I leave, and I haven't even thought about packing. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment