I was just in town right now 26 degrees outside right now... that's 79 in Fahrenheit. Who would have thought that Chauny would be having nicer weather right now than back home? It's also very sunny. I don't know if Picardie has ever seen such a long streak of good weather.
There's a joke here that goes: "Il y a trois saisons en Picardie: la saison de la grande pluie, la saison de la petite pluie, et le 15 aout. Le 15 aout il fait beau." (There are three seasons in Picardie, the heavy rain season, the light rain season, and August 15. August 15, it's nice out.)
I guess it's been August 15 for awhile now.
I went to a few classes today if for another reason than to escape my room. It's a disaster area. I did not buy many things this year that I'm taking back. In fact, I feel like I'm taking less back than what I came with. However, I somehow cannot fit everything in my suitcases. Major problem.
But the classes weren't actually work (except the BTS exams, but those weren't really my choice). In the BTS class (not the exams), we just talked over common expressions/slang in French and English and how many different ways you can say drunk in French. Oddly enough, "piche" did not come up. I'm thinking it's a made up word the locals taught us, because they think it's funny that we don't know any better. And my 1res were all happy to see me. There were lots of "Shannon's there! Look! Look!" Man, I love these guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment