Monday, July 7, 2008

move over ugly american, the french are moving in!

My friend had this Time Magazine article linked in her Facebook: Most Obnoxious Tourists? The French

It's not the most scientific of polls, but a good read nonetheless.

When I went to Tunisia, I traveled with about 30 French tourists, and I must say, they are pretty demanding. Granted, they were very upperclass, so they obviously weren't a good reflection of the rest of the country, but still... They really treated the Tunisians like they were beneath the French.

2 comments:

  1. That doesn't really surprise me..colonial superiority hangover..they are probably quite the same in Algeria too. British and Americans probably stand out as some of the most badly behaved tourists around..the British are making quite a metz of eastern europe these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, the Birtish are making a metz of eastern France? Love it!

    I also loved how the article talked about how bad the French are at foreign languages. So, so true. And sure, most Americans don't speak foreign languages, but we aren't always required to learn them!

    ReplyDelete