Friday, June 27, 2008

hitting the nail right on the head

Yes, I'm posting again today.

I'm reading this book right now called A Town Like Paris. I just came across a quote that I found funny and very true.

"This was France, I had to remind myself, a country were the customer is never very important, much less right."

I couldn't help but crack up over it. Oh, how this is different from the view in the States where the customer is always right even if they are actually very wrong, and you want to shove them off a cliff.

And I'm currently finding myself missing shopping in France. I must be going mad. That and I'm missing the soldes (huge sales).

2 comments:

  1. You = clinically insane to want to shop in France! Take advantage of the US while you can!

    And yay for being in Picardie together again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I know I'm insane! We've discussed this already.

    And I'm not allowed to enjoy the cheapness of the US, because I have to save up all my money for my student loans and for France!

    ReplyDelete