Saturday, June 21, 2008

fête de la musique

Today is the summer solstice which in France is a big music festival. I've never actually been in France on June 21, but every year, the French restaurant near me has a big festival with live bands and drinks and all that jazz. It's always an excellent time, and I would spend hours there. Of course, today, I will experience this festival neither in France nor here in the US.

Why? Because I totally spaced on dates recently. I was driving past the restaurant last weekend, and I saw the sign. I said to myself that I would have to request the 21st off. A few minutes later, I realized that the coming Saturday was the 21st, and I already was on the schedule to work. Oh joy. No fun music festival for me.

I hope all of you who are going to one in the US or in France have a great time! I'll just sit here in jealousy. Or rather, I will be bored standing at work in jealousy.

Still, no arrêté. Hopefully, it'll come Monday, or else I will be buying my plane ticket without it. That makes me nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment