I know that I said that I was going to wait until I had my paperwork before buying a ticket, but the rising gas prices and airline prices were enough to make me take the plunge. I will be leaving for France September 22! Less than three months away! I cannot wait! I will be coming back to the US... I don't know when. I don't have very much money at the moment, so I decided to just buy a one-way. It just seemed like the best decision. Plus, I have no clue when I would want to come home.
The other day, I had a lovely lunch at the French bistro near me. It was delicious and such a nice treat! It's already got me craving a delicious fruit tarte for when I return to France! Yum! It was a great afternoon of eating a wonderful meal and conversations about France. It was also my first chance to test my comprehension skills since returning. The owner talked to us about his lavender that was growing near where we were sitting outside. I don't remember if I could always understand every word he said, but I certainly can now!
I'm also extremely happy to learn that I will know one of the assistants in my academy next year! My friend Mira was renewed! As you all may remember, we're not in the same town, but she does live nearby. She came several times to Chauny, and we did do some traveling together. We're also hoping to do another meet up in Chicago when we go to get our visas. It's nice to know there will be a familiar face. And I'm happy for her, because she was like me, desperate to be renewed. Picardie should beware. We're going to be back, taking it by storm!
No comments:
Post a Comment