Friday, June 20, 2008

moving in

Seeing as a lot of other assistants and bloggers in France are on blogspot, I decided to pick up shop from LiveJournal and move over here. Yesterday, I copied and pasted all of my old entries here, because I want them all to be in the same place. I also really like the features that will allow me to keep up with other blogs other than me constantly checking each blog for updates. So yeah, I'm just getting settled in here and learning the ropes, but I'm very excited.

So if you're suddenly getting comments from a girl named Shannon on your blogs, this is why. Just a quick sentence about me... I was an English assistant last year in a high school in Chauny... way up there in lovely Picardie. I recently found out that my contract was renewed for a second year and I will be at the same school. This is very happy news, because I'm missing France like mad, and I also miss my boys. Yes, boys. I worked at a technical and professional school, so out of the 500 or so students there, only 32 were girls. I didn't even have all of those girls in my classes, so you get the picture.

I'm still waiting for my new arrêté to come in the mail. I'm currently stalking my postman. (Postman?! What the hell? When did I become British?) This is just like last summer except I already know what town and school I will be in. Why do I have to be so impatient then? Because I don't feel like this is real until I have that little paper in my hands. I was kind of hoping to have it before I bought a plane ticket, but I don't think that'll be the case. I want to buy a ticket before that pesky fuel surcharge is tacted on next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment