It felt really great telling people at my five year high school reunion that I teach English in France. A lot of people weren't aware of that despite Facebook, and everyone was impressed by it!! I mean, I guess it is pretty impressive when you think about it. There aren't that many people who go abroad for an extended period of time especially outside the realm of studying in another country. If it weren't for myself and several of my friends during the assistantship program, I wouldn't really know anyone who was doing anything like this.
It was even more awesome that my old French teacher stopped by, and I got to tell her about what I do! I'm the only one in our class who actually kept up with French all throughout university and beyond. Everyone else either dropped it completely, or only took a few semesters. We're going to meet up before I go back to chat about France. I'm looking forward to it!
And yes, my school had a five year reunion. It was all pretty informal.
Go you!!
ReplyDeleteI love that feeling, I'm pretty sure my choice to stay in France was 90% for the bragging rights, lol. We rock!
ReplyDelete