1) Is it creepier getting hit on by a former student and his friends or a balding middle-aged guy?
2) What do you do when you can't use your toilet for at least two days?
So before I left for vacation, a former student of mine and his friends were at the cafe. Since I was there alone, they found it amusing to try to say random English words to me. I also got someone's phone number (or as he put it "number phone"), and they kept trying unsuccessfully to get mine. And now, when I see them in town, they say things like "Hey America!" and "T'es mignone... ta copine aussi". They're completely harmless, and they're actually quite funny. But still... younger than me.
The other day, Natasha and I were at the cafe. There was a group of guys next to us, and one of them had the cutest four-year-old son. We pretty much entertained each other with games of peek-a-boo and just making faces at each other. Seriously, we kept the kid occupied, and we couldn't stop laughing so the time flew by for us as well. Well, the guys on the other side of us must have took this as some sort of encouragement, though we never so much as made eye contact with them or said one word to them. The one guy kept trying to pass me notes, which I ignored. They wanted to talk to us! But they were too old for us and well, creepy. If the guys with the boy tried to talk to us, we would have talked to them! They were nice and kept trying to apologize for the kid, but I assured them it was fine. We found the boy adorable.
The creepy guys finally left, but they just stood across from the cafe. I decided to order another drink. But before I did, they came back in. We quickly threw money onto the table and left. I blatantly said goodbye to M. who was there with some friends, so these creepy guys would see us talking to other guys. We went the bakery to get bread, and who followed us? Those guys! They kept trying to get our numbers and to get us to get a drink with them! They followed us all the way to the other school! Crazy! And before you all freak out, I told M. about it, and he was very concerned for us. He asked me if they did any harm (they didn't), and then told me to call him right away if I ever have a problem. Aww. So don't worry, I have a knight in shining ski cap to come save me!
Okay. Problem number 2. We've been having a problem with the toilet since Thursday. I told someone about it Friday, and they had me write it in some book thing. No one came! This weekend, it went through various stages of working properly and not. Today, I found a maintenance guy and told him directly. The rest of the day, we had him and two other guys (of course, they're the two guys we normally eat lunch with) in there trying to fix the problem. How embarrassing! Though I maintain that it's nothing we did. But they sure think it is. When I came back from my class today, they told me that the problem is still not fixed, and as tomorrow is a holiday, they won't be back until Wednesday. We can't use the toilet until after everything is completely fixed. Quelle horreur! Don't worry too much. We can use the toilet at the other school and at cafes and such, but still! Argh! That's not something you can completely plan out.
Despite that, tomorrow should be fun. It's Natasha's birthday, so we are going all out! And it's actually me *gasp* who is making the meal and the apero. Could be interesting... No, I'm doing easy things that Vero and Viany taught me.
Old guys are definitely creepier. Unless they were dressed really nice and driving around in a fancy car, and then I might reconsider :-p
ReplyDeleteI agree, it's creepier coming from the oldies-especially following you all that way. It's weird coming from the young'uns, though. Oh, creepsters and their ways...
ReplyDeleteAndromeda, they were definitely not dressed well at all! The balding guy looked like he had woke up in the 70s or something. He was in this horrible white suit.
ReplyDeleteLeah, the young guys just crack me up now. At least I know they won't stalk me!
I'm with the old guys being creepy too. Eeew. One time I met the father of one of my students at a bar... gross.
ReplyDeleteYou live in a technical lycée! What in the heck is so complicated about a toilet for them?!
Soleil - Guess who we've reconnected with? He happens to be friends with the young people who hit on us. If you guessed the guy whose name starts with a B., you are right!
ReplyDeleteThey only know how to make plastics! But in any case, the toilet is fixed. They fixed it within two hours on Wednesday.