I can't believe I've already been in an Aix for over a week, and that I will be leaving for Poitiers in less than two. Crazy that even though I literally have nothing to do, time still flies by!
This week, I was lucky enough to be able to get in touch with and then meet up with Vivienne, the director of my study abroad program when I was a student here. It's always great be able to catch up with her. Plus, it gave me something to do for a few hours that didn't involve me wandering around town alone! I also secretly enjoyed being able to speak real English face to face with someone for a bit. Seriously, my English is going to be rusty by the time I make it home for a few weeks in August.
Vivienne also told me about a party she had organized for students at a local bar for the opening of the World Cup. Having nothing else to do and wanting to cheer on France in their first match, I decided to go. I felt way out of place among these very young (some were only eighteen!) loud soon-to-be-drunk American students. Luckily, near the end, I started chatting with one of the quieter girls. Though she's still only twenty, she was more mature than the others and was just as annoyed by them as I was. She happens to live at the bottom of Vero's road, so I walked her home before continuing on. Neither of us have much time left here, but at least I potentially have someone to do something with.
Speaking of the match though, I don't know much about football (err... soccer as Americans say), but the French/Uruguay match was rather boring! And it wasn't just me saying that. Everyone was. Nothing happened! Literally. The score was 0/0 at the end. You could just feel the disappointment of the French walking the roads after the match (as opposed to the excitement beforehand).
This afternoon, I'm meeting Vero in town, and we're going to do some shopping before getting our soiree on later this evening. The amount of wine to get was a serious discussion yesterday. Umm... there's only two of us...
No comments:
Post a Comment