Sorry. I've been neglecting this blog. I guess that's what happens when you have absolutely nothing to do. Despite doing nothing, time flew by. The most exciting thing I did since the last update was go to the Fete de la Musique in Aix. Every year in cities around France (and now the rest of the world), there are huge music festivals to celebrate the summer solstice on June 21. Since I was finally in France and not working, I decided to check out what Aix had to offer. There were thousands upon thousands of people filling the roads of the center of town. It was a good time, and I enjoyed hearing tons of bands play (every square and tiny road had something to offer). However, I really think it was just an excuse to get drunk in the roads, party, and act like morons with the added bonus of music.
In bigger news, I'm no longer even in Aix. I made the journey yesterday to Poitiers! Of course, as my luck would have it, there was a train strike yesterday. My second TGV of the day was cancelled, turning my two hour layover into three. However, in the end, the strike ended up working in my favor. Another TGV on its way to Poitiers was late. Late enough for me to take it! I ended up getting to Poitiers for earlier than I even planned originally! I even ended up on the same train as another student. Oddly enough, he was the first person I had met at Middlebury as well.
People are still arriving for the program today, and basically all we've done so far is have dinner together. Today, we're having lunch, doing a tour of our residence, and then I'm off to Monoprix to buy shampoo and the like.
My room is nice. It's actually the largest room I've ever had in France. I have plenty of space and lots of shelves (those would have come in handy in Chauny where I had even more junk).
I'll keep you posted on the next 6 weeks of hell. I only say that, because cramming 15 weeks of study into 6 weeks is rough. But I think other than that, it's going to be a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment