Wednesday, September 29, 2010

things/people i love

- My first year students. I finally met them last week. There are six classes of them, and I take a group from two classes at a time. The four and a half straight hours get harder as it goes by, because the later groups have a weaker level of English. However, they are all so sweet and interested, and they told Jane that they loved their time with me! It's nothing like being at the lycee though. I can actually get by on all English. Quite the change!

- Meeting with Middlebury people in Paris. I was able to meet up with one of my former suitemates, and I also had coffee with my history teacher among other meetups. It was a good trip.

- Claude and Francine. Finally, they drove up all of my things from Chauny. My place is currently a mess of course, because I haven't bothered to put it all away yet. That takes effort. Plus, I really haven't been at home since they brought everything. They also invited me on the school trips to England and Germany, so I'm waiting to get more info on that.

- Hannah. She's my best lectrice friend. We get along so well, and we are constantly together. We've taken to eating most dinners together, so that's been really nice. The others are awesome, but the two of us just really click.

- Roxy's visit. In exactly 6 weeks, Roxy will be here with me. How exciting is that? I cannot wait! Counting down the days now.

Trip to Amiens tomorrow. I'm off to meet some of the new assistants I've been in contact with, and I have plans to see at least two of my former students!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going really well! Have fun in Amiens, and be sure to give me all the dirt about the Soissons assistants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The meet up in Amiens was a success! Maintenant je veux vraiment d'utiliser Facebook mais c'est interdite sur cet ordinateur. C'est le premier fois dqns plus d'une semaine que j'ai eu acces a la intranet et je ne peux pas l'utiliser :/ mais tous les choses vont bien, les profs sont sympas et gentils et je vais déjeuner avec bequcoup d'eux indiviuellement cette semaine. A bientot j'espere! bisous cassie

    ReplyDelete