I seem to be becoming a horrible blogger this year which is strange seeing as I have even more free time on my hands.
This here are good. I'm enjoying my classes. I really do like my students especially the 1st years. About 20 of them showed up to English Night last week - outnumbering all the other lecturers' students combined. I was so proud. They were chatty, fun, and really into the conversations. I hope they continue to come, because I really enjoy their company. They always invite me to things, but after my colleagues "rules", I was hesitant to accept. Although this week Jane asked me if I was invited to their parties, and she made it sound like it was okay to go. I don't know...
This past weekend, some friends and I made a whirlwind trip to Amsterdam. It was my first time in the Netherlands, and I was in a weird sort of heaven. They had Burger King! Yes, I never eat there in the States, but having the option was kind of nice. Plus, you'd be surprised how much Dutch can sometimes resemble English. And the best part? Drinks were cheap. Like everything was around 2 euros. Talk about a change from France. While I'm not into the "coffee shop" aspect of things in the city, I did enjoy the ambiance. It was so laid back and fun. I hadn't left France since May when I went to London with the lycee, so it was a nice little change. The added bonus of the weekend was our friend Fabio. He kept us in laughter the entire weekend. Good times. And he's awesome for driving us! It would have been made even better if I had dressed appropriately and didn't spend the entire weekend freezing to death.
Besides preparation of my 3rd year students' exam, I am officially on fall holidays. Plans are still mostly up in the air as I don't really have much money to spend (saving up to make a few changes around here), but I will be spending this coming weekend in Paris, so I am looking forward to that!
Also, Roxy will be visiting in three weeks, and I will be home for the holidays in less than two months! So many things to be excited about!
Ja, ik spreek Nederlands! :) Nice to hear you loved Amsterdam, I've kind of lived there for a few years and I still love it! I'm also not the coffee shop person, I actually never visited one!
ReplyDelete