Well, the exam is prepared, and it's ready to go for November 8, so I am officially on holiday. Yippee! I get to show up and press "Play" on a CD player twice. Fun times.
Last night was English Night. I was really disappointed because none of my students were coming. Finally, about an hour an a half late, a group of the came sauntering up. They were held up at their salsa class, but they still wanted to stop by. This group of guys are quickly becoming my favorite students. They're very sweet and chatty. I even let a little French slip into our conversation. Hey, if they're going to make the effort with me, I'm not going to hold back with them especially if we are out of class.
In a little over an hour, I'm off on a train to Paris. Luckily, my TGV for once did not fall victim to the strike. I've had quite a few messages about what's going on over here in France. Honestly, it's not affecting me at all. The tramway has been blocked a bit here, but besides just waiting longer than usual, I've had no problems. Plus, I hop off before it crosses through the very center of town (i.e. where it always gets blocked). I'm probably jinxing myself now I realize. As for the running out of gas thing, no one around here is freaking out. Belgium is just a few miles away, so not a problem.
Anyway, yes, I'm off to Paris until Sunday late afternoon. I'm looking forward to catching up with a few friends and to a change in scenery.
Have fun in Paris! Glad the strikes haven't affected you much.
ReplyDelete