Sunday, March 27, 2011

what? never?

Tuesday, I had to do interview simulations with my classes. I gave them solid motivation, whoever did speak in English the entire time or sat there claiming they had nothing more to say would have to do an interview with me. That kept them going. However, I learned something surprising. I asked in two of the classes how many of them had had an interview before (including in French). Cut to Shannon's jaw hitting the floor. None of them. They're all about 21 years old! Of course, I then asked how many of them had a job before. The vast majority. I was a bit stumped on that one. No wonder we do interview stuff in both 1st and 3rd year courses. Jeez.

My week was mostly uneventful... mostly lounging about, soaking up the sun and the warm temperatures. I had my private lesson where he told me that he feels a lot more confident in English since we started.

I also saw the film "Ma Part du Gateau", and I highly recommend it. It had a couple of laugh out loud moments, and it also dealt with some serious issues like unemployment and banding together. The end of the film gave me goosebumps.

Last night, I made Sloppy Joes again for another set of people. They also enjoyed them immensely. I still have one packet of mix left, but I'm planning on taking it down to Aix with me and making them for Vero.

Oh, right! I bought a ticket down to Aix for the April holidays. I used my s'miles, so it was only 10 euros! 10 euros to get to Aix all the way from Val! Sweet! I haven't decided how long I'll stay yet.

Right now, the biggest thing on my mind is whether or not to go home for the summer. There are pros and cons for both going home and for staying. Maybe I'll write more on that later. I do need to decide soon though as airfares keep creeping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment