Monday, May 23, 2011

a quick summary

It's been forever since I've updated, and when I don't update for a while, I'm even less likely to update, because I don't know where to start. So here's my attempt at breaking that curse.

So the main points from the past few weeks:
- Denise is off on a 6-week European adventure with her sisters. It's so weird not having her around. She's the one I always called up to go grab a drink or go for a walk or whatever. I'm really feeling a loss here.
- I made an "American" meal for some of my closest friends here while we watched the ultra lame Eurovision (there's a photo on Facebook). I made them Mac & Cheese and hotdogs with French's Yellow Mustard along with Cheez-Its for the apero and Twinkies for dessert. I didn't freak anyone out too much, and Hannah is in love with the mustard.
- We went out to a free concert at a local bar. It was horrible. We applauded when he finished, because he was done and not because he was any good.
- Hannah's sister was in town for a night from Paris. She seemed to like Valenciennes a lot. I think she enjoyed the cheap prices and the fact that she had people to hang out with (all of her friends have already left Paris).
- I went to a "concert" at a friend's house (basically it was her boyfriend and her roommate playing their guitars). It was a good time with a different mix of people.

Classes have been going well, and we're almost finished. There's a lot of stress to get everything fit in. We're in quite a mess with the presentation schedule. There's just not enough time for everyone!

Plans for the week:
- Hannah's sister is coming back up tomorrow night.
- Tutoring.
- Paris for the weekend with Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment