So I ended up going to Chauny last Friday, and I had a good time comme d'hab. For once, I'll keep my post on my visit short and sweet. It always feels nice to go back down there, and I always feel very welcomed by everyone. I even saw someone who I hadn't seen since last year - the Spanish teacher from the other school in town! She scared me when she walked up behind me and touched my arm, but it was nice to catch up.
I spent most of my day with Claude and his classes, but I also spent quite a bit of time with A. and C. as usual. C. and I had some lovely conversations even though it never fully seems to be enough to catch up properly. However, even though he used to be Mr. I'll Never Ever Join Facebook, he recently did. Though he barely understands it, we have spent most days since adding each other conversing on the site. That takes me back to last year.
Other than that, nothing too big to report. The weather has been gorgeous this past week, so on Saturday, a bunch of went for a picnic in the park. We played frisbee (somehow I have developed this new thing where I am not at all capable of throwing the thing), and then Brazilian showed off his juggling skills and attempted to teach some of us (not me, I'm too uncoordinated) how to do it.
Hannah and I have also been spending a lot of time outdoors, soaking up the sun at our tiny neighborhood cafes, strolling the streets, and lunching in the park. It's been wonderful.
Things to look forward to in the near future: The last weekend of the month, I'll be going to Paris to spend the weekend with Hannah as she'll have the keys to her sister's flat in St. Michel. Then, during the first week of June, I'm heading to Belfast to meet up with Roxy. And finally, the weekend after that, I'll be going back to Paris to stay with a girl from Middlebury and to meet up with some friends that I haven't seen in ages! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment