Monday, July 25, 2011

bazinga!

For the past year, everyone around me has been going on and on about the series The Big Bang Theory. My students tried to convince me of its merits many times even going as far as making me watch a few episodes with them. I had to admit, it cracked me up. I even watched the episodes that were offered for viewing on my flight this past April. Finally, with nothing better to do with my time, I decided to do a proper viewing of the series starting with the first episode. Thanks to my friend Emily giving me all the episodes, I didn't even have to deal with searching for and streaming the episodes myself.

I probably should not admit to how little time it took me to get through all four seasons, but in my defense, the episodes are only 20 minutes each. I'd also like to think that I've learned some things from the series. Okay, so I didn't understand most of the scientific jargon, but who does? Some episodes had me cracking up so much, I'm sure Vero thought I had lost it.

Then again, maybe I have. I now have the sudden urge to say "Bazinga" (one of the characters uses this word to follow up his classic and "clever" pranks) all the time though not at all in its "right" context. Slipping this into conversation with a French woman will cause her to look at you like you have two heads and have said something bizarre in English. If only she knew...

Veronique is right. Next time, I do need to bring a friend with me down to Aix. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment