Thursday, September 22, 2011

to a good friend

I know I haven't updated in ages, and I will soon, but this is just a post to remember a good friend.

We met in Chicago when we applied for our visas to come to France our first year. Along with another new assistant, we sat around talking excitedly about our plans for France while our mothers sat near by, probably rolling their eyes at all of our giggly talk.

We met up numerous times in each others' towns, in Paris, in Amiens, etc. We had a wonderful trip together to Lyon and Dijon where we spent the entire time eating good food and gossiping.

Phone calls, emails, blogs, Facebook... it's been more than four years since that first meeting. It doesn't seem that long ago, but in other ways, it's just a distant memory. I always thought we'd meet up again whether it was in France or in one of our home states. In American terms, we were practically neighbors after all. But yet, there's never enough time.

Mira, you will be greatly missed. You were taken from us far too young. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

2 comments:

  1. I was a regular on her blog for several years but didn't know her personally. I learned about it from another French friend. Do you know any way to contact her family? If so, could you let me know?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had her address, but I can't find it. I fear it's somewhere at home in the States. I asked a friend if she has it, so if she does, I'll pass it along to you.

    ReplyDelete