I never did figure that out for 2011, and now it's 2012. I always say "two thousand eleven/twelve", because that's how it's said in French.
Well, it's been awhile since I've updated. To say the least. It was one of those vicious circles where the longer I went without updating, the more I had to say, so I didn't know where to start, so I put off updating, and thus had more to say. You get the picture. Well, it's a new year, so what better way to start the year off than a resolution to start updating again?
So here I am.
Over the next few days/weeks, I'll write up some posts on what I have been doing these past few months. I've had a few little little adventures along the way.
I'm currently in the States for the holidays and will be heading back to la belle France at the end of the week. While being in Cleveland has been nice, I am anxious to get back to Valenciennes. It's my home now, and I want to get back to my friends and my work. Not to mention cafe sitting. I miss my little gab sessions with my good friend Denise and my endless laughing sessions with my Brazilian friend.
Things to look forward to in the next few weeks:
- Getting back to Valenciennes and catching up with my friends
- A weekend trip to Paris in a few weeks with some lovely friends (and meeting up with more friends there)
- Sharing some American goodies with my friends
Goals for 2012:
- Get back into blogging
- Continue to eat healthy (with some yummy rewards along the way)
- Write down a list with Denise with our "Things to do before the end of our time as lectrices". Currently on the list is finding this Speculoos flavored alcohol I tasted while in Leuven (more on that trip at a later date) and going to a Zinzin (student party).
- Figure out what I'm going to do at the end of my contract and then actually do whatever I need to get there.
- See my dear friend Roxy again.
- Stop being so lazy and actually accomplish some things
Hmm... I'm sure there were some more...
Anyway, I hope you all had nice holidays however you celebrated! Happy New Year!!
Good resolutions!! Welcome back to the blogosphere and Happy New Year! : )
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! Look forward to hearing about your recent adventures & wishing you a great 2012! I think I would say "two thousand eleven" but "twenty twelve" since I think those flow better than their respective counterparts. Plus they keep talking about London twenty twelve (Olympics - I tend to keep up with the British news more than American or New Zealand) and so on so it sounds more normal.
ReplyDeleteYou're already such a healthy eater!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxx
ReplyDelete