Friday, June 29, 2012
moving moving
Following a very relaxing weekend here in Val, I've had a very busy week. I've basically spent the entire week moving. I am completely in the new house. I've spent the last two nights here and could even shower here this morning! The only thing left at the old place is a table which needs to be taken apart and then tossed. And then, the massive cleaning needs to start!
I can't offer you any pictures yet as Brazilian's idea of moving is dumping all of his crap in the living room. He won't be officially moving in until July 12... a few days before I go to the States for almost a month. Thus, we probably won't be completely organized and photo ready until mid August when I'm back. Oh well.
Today, my colleagues took me out to lunch. We had a wonderful meal at my favorite restaurant. Such nice conversation and delicious food. They also gave me a gift and wrote the sweetest messages in the card to me. While I know I'll be seeing them next year (the German prof insisted that we have lunch as usual Mondays and/or Tuesdays next year), I'm going to really miss working with them. They are seriously awesome people. I really couldn't have found nicer people to have spent the last two years with. (And on a side note: Jane and her husband kindly gave us an old but very comfy couch of theirs. Her husband also helped us transport it and get it into the house. I couldn't be more grateful!)
This weekend will be pretty calm (before the big clean on Sunday/Monday), filled with some goodbyes as some people are leaving for good this weekend. So sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes! Please show photos once you're both settled in. I love new home pics! Congrats again and have a nice weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhen do you head back to the States?
I might even shove his stuff into his room, so that I can make the living room all pretty to take some pics and so I can invite my colleagues over. We'll see if I'm motivated at all next week after I clean my old flat.
ReplyDeleteI'm in the States from July 15-August 10.
Congrats again! Can I ask what your plans are for the next work year, or not so much?
ReplyDeleteI'll be doing a Masters in management and international business. I've saved up enough to fund the first year... not sure how I'll manage the second year yet. I hope to find some sort of part-time job or something.
ReplyDeleteoops, sorry now I remember, you said that already! Goldfish memory at work...
ReplyDelete