Sunday, February 10, 2008

anna's weekend in chauny

This weekend was great! I really liked having Anna here. I hope we didn't scare her off too much.

I ended up having no classes on Friday. Don't even ask, because I have no idea. I met Anna at the train station and then we walked up to the high school, and I showed her the ropes. Well, basically, my room. Exciting. Then, we went to a café where I think half the people we know in Chauny managed to turn up including a surveillant who I have never seen outside of the school. A nice welcome to small town France for Anna. And I think she appreciated the nice cheap prices as well. Though I guess everywhere is cheaper in comparison to Paris.

Viany made us a wonderful dinner comme d'habitude before we introduced Anna to her first ever experience at Cuba. Almost everyone we knew was out there... such good timing for her. We talked. Watched some pool. Had a general good time. Afterwards, we went with everyone to Place de la Mairie where there was talk about going out to a boite. I think we stood out there talking for like an hour, but then some people showed up that we're not quite fond of, so we left with a few of the other guys we've been hanging out with. We ended up just chatting in the kitchen and listening to songs on the one guy's cell, but I think that was a good end to the night.

Saturday, we had our usual breakfast of boulangerie goods and eggs before meeting Katie's friend for a coffee. It was such a beautiful day, so we sat outside. Good times. This girl is really nice, and I enjoy talking with her. I wish that I could speak three languages as well as she does. I can barely speak two. Afterward, Anna, Hart, and I did some shopping. I had no luck, but that isn't saying much as this is Chauny. We also had a good time mocking the things we found in the store Texas. Yes, we have a store called Texas. It is way lame and has hideous clothes.

Viany made us tartiflette and tarte aux pommes for dinner, and then we all headed out for the Tropicale Soirée. I guess it was pretty cool. They had a wading pool in the middle of the bar. I guess that's fun. We chatted with the people we knew and had a pretty good time at first. The night didn't end so well, but it's okay. We once again ended up back in the kitchen with the two guys, J. and T. that we've been hanging out a lot with recently.

Today, we had an interesting morning. Hart and Katie had this brilliant idea for a list to make. It could prove to be useful... maybe. They joking said that they want to leave it for future assistants, so they know what is going on in Chauny.

Anna and I went to see the cemeteries in town. Then, we met up with Hart for coffee. With the lack of sleep I had this weekend, coffee was very welcomed. Next, Anna and I went to order some pizzas, because the night before, we promised the guy who works there that we'd stop by. So, we did. Plus, there pizza is delicious especially the guy's specialty which is not on the menu, so we decided to have it as an entrée to the soup Viany was making. So for dinner, we ate the pizza and the soup. So good! J. and T. came by so we hung out with them for the rest of the night. Fun!

Anna is now safely back in Paris. I hope that she decides to come back again. Though I don't know why anyone would choose to come to Chauny again when there are so many cooler places to see.

Tomorrow, I leave for Krakow, Poland. That means I won't be updating for awhile. I'll be back on Friday, so hopefully, I'll update then or Saturday before I head off to Tunisia. I hope that everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment