Thursday, February 7, 2008

So at the bar Friday night, there were three guys sitting at the bar when we were leaving. The girl who works there said something to us about them, but I didn't pay much attention. The one looked like a student of mine, but he made no sign of recognition, so I just let it go and completely forgot. We ended up hanging out with two of those guys on Saturday night.

Well, last night, one of those guys called Hart last night and wanted to hang out with us. She said sure, and when they arrived, I could hear them introducing some other guy to her. I also kept hearing something about the high school I work at and that he was a student. I was like "Oh no. Please don't let it be a student of mine. Be in a different class. Be a Pro student. Be a former student of the high school. Be anything else." No such luck. In walks one of my BTSers. He's in the younger group... the group that is not "en stage". Oh yes, I am making it a habit of hanging out with students now. Well, there's no one else in this town. At least these guys are nice.

We all talked for a bit, and then they invited us to McDonald's. We had already eaten, but they convinced Hart to go, so I went with them as well, because that's just common sense. It was cool. We had ice cream. And then, we realized that these were the same guys from Friday night that we didn't pay much attention to. Smooth. We really need to start taking pictures of every single person we talk to, because our memories just aren't doing it. Oh, and get this, like everyone else around here, this student is also a pompier... but in another town.

Today's class went well. We did Mab-Libs. At first, they didn't understand the concept at all. But once they did, they really got into it. We did two, and then they were like "Une autre?" (another?), and I was like "Non, pas de temps, c'est l'heure" (No, no time, class is over"). They were all "Déjà?!" (already?). That always makes me feel good. Hopefully, it goes just as well tomorrow. Though I was confused by something the teacher said to me... I think we might not be having class tomorrow (something about he was asking permission for a funeral). I will see.

One more day of classes and then vacation! Sweet! And Anna arrives tomorrow afternoon! I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment