The weather is still so beautiful (no worries, it goes back to cold and rainy tomorrow). I am currently sitting outside on the grass with Katie. Love it!
So my last class with the dreaded DP6 was hell. I thought it was going to go well, because I only had six students (lots of absences that day), three of which are always well behaved. Those three were very well behaved like always, but the other three were holy terrors. Let's just say that their exercises all made it out the window (literally) in the course of the class. Argh! So glad it was my last time with them. They behaved for about five minutes when I told them it was my last time with them. Here's our conversation:
Me (very frustrated): "Vous savez qu'aujourd'hui c'est votre dernière fois avec moi?" (Do you know that today is your last day with me?)
The students all went quiet. One student: "Beh... pourquoi?" (Why?)
Me: "Je pars dans quelques semaines." (I leave in a few weeks)
Student: "Pour où?" (For where?)
Me: "Les Etats-Unis" (The USA)
Student: "Alors vous rentrez chez vous?" (So you're going back home?)
Me: "Beh oui." (Yes)
Ladies and gentlemen, the future of Chauny! One of the well behaved student did wish me a "Bon voyage" and a "Bon retour", so that was nice.
Friday's classes went well though. I only had two, because the other teacher I work with was sick, so I guess I won't be having a last lesson with those students. I gave Reese's Pieces to Claude's secondes. I don't think they realize I'm leaving, because I didn't get a chance to talk to them like I wanted to. Will have to try to go to one of their other classes so I can say bye, because I love those guys!
Since this is our last week together, us five have been pretty much inseparable. We've gone out to the bar together every night this weekend. That's not unusual, but it's unusual that it was all five of us. Usually, someone decided not to go. Friday, Ellie and Michaela came to Chauny for one last hurrah, and Viany made us some of our Colombian favorites. We also got some free stuff at the bar... I got a baseball cap to add to my collection of useless things from Cuba. Yesterday, taking advantage of the beautiful weather, we went to watch some little kids' soccer, went to the park, sat outside of a cafe, tried to escape some crazy French guys, and had hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner before going out. We're having a blast.
I don't know how we're going to deal with being torn apart. We're the Chauny 5.
Only three more days of classes... maybe. I'm kind of confused by tomorrow. I usually only have one class with the BTSers, but tomorrow is the start of their oral English exams. I'm not quite sure if I'm supposed to go or not. Claude asked me if I was staying with them, but I'm not sure what he meant. The first exam is tomorrow at 10am, so I'll have to pull myself out of bed at a decent time and go see what the deal is.
No comments:
Post a Comment