Today was such a beautiful day! Definitely enjoyed the sunny and warm weather.
Today was also the millionth strike of this year in French schools. Some teachers went on strike (not the ones I work with) as well as some students (yes, students have the right to strike here), so all of my classes were small.
There was also some exhibition at the school on safe driving... you know, where they hand out a bunch of pamphlets on drinking and driving, had goggles that make you see like a drunk and then you do some obstacle course... those kinds of things. Well, there was also a play about drinking and driving. Weirdest play ever. Hey, it involved hand puppets, a coffin, singing, and some cliche English phrases. I went with my younger BTSers instead of having class with them. Claude later told me that he should have sat next to me, because there was a lot of cultural things in the play that I obviously didn't understand. No kidding. I also learned that one of my secondes knows someone who works at Cuba. Worst nightmare coming true.
My other classes were pretty uneventful. Well, my older BTSers were hilarious today. I could not stop laughing during the class. Love them! I can't even remember what was so funny, just that they were absolutely crazy. Claude just kept looking at me and saying "Ils sont givrés!" LOL. So true.
Oh, and one of my 1reS did the drunk obstacle course I mentioned before, and he did it perfectly. One of the other students just commented that he was already accustomed to it. I can see that. This student then spent the entire class turning the French government anti-marijuana stickers he received from the exhibition into pro smoking stickers. Oh, L. You are so strange. I will not forget you.
I took advantage of the warm weather and spent some time sitting outside a cafe. So nice! I love springtime. And on our way down, Katie and I got pulled into the Italian restaurant (a guy we know works there), and the owner said that we could come have dinner there whenever we want.
And then at dinner tonight, I announced the fact that I leave soon to the surveillants who were working as well as the philo prof. I also reiterated the fact that I really don't want to leave (panic attack!) and that I hope to return next year. One of the surveillants (who I just love) said that he hoped that I would be returning too. Aww!
Just a little over three weeks left. I can't believe it.
No comments:
Post a Comment