I leave for France in less than a week! Wow, time sure flies by! I cannot believe it. And of course, this being me, I still have a million and one things to do. I have to do laundry, pack, get some euros, call the credit card companies, buy some candy for my students, and that's just to name a few. On top of that, all of my free time has pretty much been claimed by my family and friends. I am booked solid until I leave.
We had a huge storm up here on Sunday (thanks, Ike), and there are still people without electricity. I'm lucky that I didn't lose mine, or else this week would have been close to impossible.
I went to French Table this week and last. It's a French conversation hour that my college does. I was happy to realize that I didn't even really need to think to understand the French. It was almost like I was listening to English. Yes, I know, these aren't native speakers, but my French professor is fluent. And Wilfried is a native speaker. He's from Burkina Faso, so his accent can be really tough to understand especially when he starts speaking quickly. I didn't have any problems with him either. Hopefully, I can say the same thing when I arrive back in France.
I've gone through most of my paperwork that I had brought home from last year, so that's done. I've added some phone numbers to my French phone. I still need to go delete some old numbers of last year's assistants but that can be done anytime.
Tomorrow is my last day of work (for now). I've worked everyday since last Friday, which of course isn't helping with my preparations. But as much as I complain about my job, I love where I work even if I don't like my position. Like, take this, I emailed one of the senior VPs this morning, and she emailed me back literally ten minutes later. She started out her email to me with this, and I quote" Wow...you made my ENTIRE DAY fantastic!" I'm sure that doesn't happen in many big corporations where you're just a low hourly employee. I need to email her back.
I may be putting together some kind of women's focus group in France, so I made need some help with that. Will keep you posted.
Well, I'm off for now!
After the accent Picard, accents from Burkina Faso are a piece of cake! Can't wait to see you in France!
ReplyDelete