Well, this is it! I leave to return to France tomorrow. I still can't believe it's time already. I'm not going to say it's any easier this time around. Well, it's easier in the aspect that I know what to expect once I'm there, and I know Chauny very well. It's not easier in the aspect that I'm once again leaving my family, friends, and dogs.
My dogs are so hard to leave. I'm such a dog person that it's hard for me to be away from them for an extended period of time. Believe me, last year, whenever I got to pet a dog, I got so excited. Zeus knows something is up. He knows the drill by now. This is my third extended trip to France, so he knows what the suitcases mean. The puppy Mackenzie has no clue. The poor baby. She spends 100% of her time with me when I'm home including sleeping in my room, and she mopes when I'm not around. It's going to be a hard goodbye tomorrow. Yes, I'm a freak.
Chauny is going to be so different this year without Guy, Hart, Katie, and Viany. I'm excited to meet the new assistants though. One of them - the only one I've been in contact with thus far - is arriving with her parents from the UK on Wednesday. We have plans for dinner. I'm not quite sure what to expect this year. You'll be discovering that all with me as I keep my blog updated.
My internet is going to be spotty at first. I'll only have it at the school for awhile. Once myself and whoever is living next to me - i.e. in the room with the phone line (and they better want the internet!) - can we'll sign up for the internet. Of course, in France, it takes awhile for the line to become active and work for the internet. Like three weeks or more or something like that. And France Telecom is currently closed in Chauny for some remodeling, so it might be awhile before we even get a chance to sign up... unless we go to a store in another town. We'll see. Basically the lesson of the story is that I may be a little M.I.A during my first month or so in France.
I guess I'm going to sign off now and go hang out with my mom and dogs. See you in France!
A bientot mes amis! Or as Hart would say... Ciao! Bisous! Bye!
Hi Shannon,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment and for visiting my blog... I think I found yours this summer before we went to Bourgogne- Our friend, Justin, lives in Chalon sur Soane.. I don't know if that is near you.. He's an American (East Coaster) who lives/works in France... Check out his blog0 it's on my blog roll/updats- An American in Bourgogne.. He's really cool.. Maybe you guys don't live to far from one another... I don't know... Anyhow, let me know if you come to Paris sometime and I'd be happy to meet up with you for coffee/movie in VO.. I LOVE meeting bloggers/expats...
Have a very safe trip back to France... Take good care,
Leesa
safe travels!!
ReplyDeleteLeesa - I'll have to check out Justin's blog when I have some time. I don't actually live near him at all. I'm up north. I'm actually near Mira (soleil). I believe you know her.
ReplyDeleteI'm in Paris a lot and would love to meet up sometime!
Leesa and Andromeda - Thanks for the safe travel wishes!
Have a good flight, see you on the flip side!
ReplyDeleteHey there Shannon,
ReplyDeleteOh.. that's great you live near Mira... Yes! I do know here... She's really nice... In fact, we're meeting up this Friday... I would LOVE to meet up with you sometime, I always love meeting new people! If you are at all interested, I'm organizing a trip to Disneyland for Halloween.. But, I may have to make it on a Sat. Nov. 1 instead of on Hallween - Friday the 31... We'll see... Send me an email ... LGIRASOL@earthlink.net and let me know when is a good time for you to come out to Paris... I'll set something up with some other blogger friends, if you'd like...
Take good care,
Leesa