Tuesday, September 2, 2008

housing is set!

It's la rentrée! All the teachers and students are back in school now in France! You know how many times I almost said "rentrée" while speaking English? A lot! We don't really have a single word that conveys the return to school in English as well as the French counterpart. Do we?

I just shot an email off to Claude last night just to inform him of my arrival and ask if I once again have a room at the school. You can never be too certain, you know?

Surprisingly, I had two emails from him waiting for me in my inbox this morning. The first one said that the school is very happy that I'm returning, and that he would make the necessary arrangements for my room. He also said to inform him right before I leave of my arrival time in Chauny, so he can come get me at the train station. The second email from a few hours later said that there was no problem and that I would have the same room as last year. Sweet. Everything is set now.

I just mailed off some letters to France. Vero is going to be happy to finally hear from me! It seems like postage prices have gone up yet again... $.94 per letter...

Less than three weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment