Monday, April 6, 2009

chauny weekends and lovely mondays

I had a relatively nice weekend. Guy ended up coming to Chauny Friday evening. He missed the train he said he would be on, so I was standing at the train station, waiting for him to get off the train, only to not see him. His phone wasn't working in France, so there was no way for either of us to contact the other. Luckily, he was on the next train. We all had a drink at La Rotonde, and I introduced Guy to Natasha and Paul. They all got along really well, and Guy was able to talk to Paul about students and teachers at that school.

We all had dinner and the hours flew by since we had Guy to talk to. He soon met Maria who also was very interested in him. We decided to go out for a bit, because, well, Guy needed the proper Chauny "Welcome Back". Unfortunately, there was karaoke when we arrived. Fortunately, no one was actually doing it, so the DJ soon started back up. It's a sad sad day when we're actually happy to hear that music. We all had a very excellent time.

Saturday night, a bunch of other assistants came to Chauny to celebrate Paul's French birthday. His birthday is after we leave, so we decided to give him a French one so we could do something together. We made pizzas and just had a good time together. The girls crack me up.

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so today, I took advantage of the sun and went for two walks.

My classes went well today. Well, okay, the TS students are getting whinier and whinier by the day. So instead, Claude gave them a quiz, and we planned out the London trip. In the afternoon, I took a very small group of the younger BTSers. I think I spoke all of about 10 words in English. Good for my French, but not for their English. They were very sweet as well as curious about me, America, and such, so it was hard to get them to focus on English (that and their level is very very low). They also jokingly offered to teach me to drive stick (on Claude's car) and continually begged me to let them go early (it's the last class of the day), so I had a lot of "Shannon... s'il te plait, s'il te plait". They also looked highly disappointed when I said I wasn't coming back next year. Aww!

No big plans for the week. Friday, we're going to Consuelo's (Spanish teacher at the other school) house for dinner. Shall be fun!

Everyone (including two of the girls who were here Saturday) is going to Disneyland on Wednesday except me. Sad. It's just so expensive. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't continually talking about it, posting things on Facebook about it, and Twittering about it. And they haven't even gone yet! Imagine once they have gone! Guess, I'll be spending Wednesday refreshing Facebook and Twitter every five seconds. Thank God for the Internet! Maybe I can get M. to stop being anti-social and a hermit and come have coffee with me?? Hmm... doubt it.

1 comment:

  1. Guy is so funny. I was just thinking about how he kept trying and failing to meet up with us last year in Amiens, and we all thought he must be a really creepy guy. Little did we know...

    ReplyDelete