It was our last weekend all together, so we definitely made the most of it. Friday evening, we went to Consuelo's house where she was having a little party. It was a little awkward at first, because it was all teachers and such from the other school, so Natasha and I knew practically no one. But after awhile, everyone loosened up and got all chatty with us, so that was really good. Consuelo also had made loads and loads of yummy food. We ate so well. The night ended with Consuelo and her husband going completely mad and dancing like maniacs - they seriously have endless amounts of energy. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time.
Saturday, we had a delicious lunch outside at the cafe. It felt so nice to be out in the sun. We also ran into Consuelo and her husband there which was a nice surprise. That evening, Vivienne and Emily came to join us for a quiet evening in Chauny. Ha. When does a quiet evening ever exist in Chauny once you plan for it to be that way? I made guacamole while the others made apple crumble. So yummy! We also went for dinner (and inappropriate conversation) at the creperie. After saying for two years that I should go there, I finally did! It was so good and very cheap. After drinks and dessert at the apartment, we went out to the bar where we ran into Paul's students, got invited by them to go off for some questionable activities (definitely turned them down), sang happy birthday to our friend/server, and had a very elaborate exit. The most shocking part of the evening was that M. stopped by! I about died. He hasn't gone in almost a year and swore he never would go again. I'll be teasing him for this one. The night ended with us talking over tea until the middle of the night.
Sunday, the others made cottage pie, and we all spent a lovely Easter together. Finally, today, Natasha and I bought fougasses at a boulangerie and had them for lunch in the park, because it was once again a lovely day. In the afternoon, Holly and Kate from Compiegne came for tea and cakes. We had some hilarious conversations which resulted in us checking out the windows for all the characters from horror films.
In other news, I dyed my hair the other night. It's a bit darker. Weird observation while buying the dye... there are like no options in France! Maybe it was just the store, but seriously... all brands had the same choices. Chestnut (and various shades of chestnut) for brown, some reds, and one or two blonds. That's it. No wonder it seems like all French women have the same hair. In my haste at just grabbing a brand I knew, I bought semi-permanent color. I've decided I like it (as does everyone else), and if it fades before I leave, I'll buy the permanent one. Oh, I chose chestnut by the way.
C. also has to stay five feet away from me from now on. He completely freaked me out on Friday. I talked to him at lunch, and that was fine. After my last class, I was chatting with Claude with my back to the door. No big deal. I heard some movement behind me, but there's always students loitering around avoiding going to their next class. For some reason, C. thought it would be a good idea to sneak up behind me and wrap his arms around me. I nearly jumped out of my skin. It didn't even faze him (or Claude for that matter). He just said "Ca va?" in a normal voice (well, as normal as he can be) asking me how my day was. Uh... what? And then he was leading me down the hall with one hand on my arm and the other on my back, chatting with Claude and I like it was a completely natural thing to do. I was completely clueless on what would happen next, but then we ran into some students who had just been absent from class, so he went yelling after them down the hall. Umm... so do not understand this. What in the world? And before anyone suggests that he likes me, let's just say there's only a very very slight possibility for that. Unless Natasha and I are just totally wrong...
One official week of classes left. Oh wow.

No comments:
Post a Comment